Sunday, November 11, 2012

SWARM Recommits

I will go ahead and take the liberty in saying, I imagine you all have had similar post election depression. It's been a rough few days. I have gone back and forth between crushing anxiety and despair to fiery righteous indignation. Sometimes even choosing to land on numbing indifference. What can I say? It hurts less. 

I take heart in knowing that we, at SWARM, did everything in our power to steer this country toward truth and liberty. I have no regrets. I knew that gathering my friends together to promote truth was the right thing, but it was scary. It was unnerving to think that a few could combat the many, so why did I feel so directed to try? I am grateful to my core for this experience, as I have been able to witness first hand that through small things, great things shall come to pass. 

Seeing the strength, passion and protective nature of women come together in such an uplifting fight for truth and the protection of our families and country was sooo....COOL! We did it; we reached people, we softened hearts, we opened eyes, we changed votes, we got people talking!!

The vote didn't go our way, but in the end, we believe that the Lord is in charge. Mitt and Ann Romney fought the good fight, and in the end we can see that they were an instrument for good in the Lord's hands. That is certainly a bigger responsibility than any job in the oval office.

For better or for worse, we truly care about what is happening and what will happen in the world around us. The question now is, with our new found political activism, understandings and connections, how we can best serve?

Certainly we need to be diligent in our quest to fight the liberal media. It may seem a moot point right now as they have certainly done their job to get Obama elected. But consider this: 

In the book, The Naked Communist, there are a list of goals set out by the communist party as far back as the 1950s. Goal 20: Infiltrate the press. Gain control of key positions in radio, tv and motion pictures.

It is not by coincidence or happenstance that the media is biased. It is by design. Once you understand an evil, you can begin to fight it effectively.

I highly recommend the documentary, "AGENDA: The Grinding Down of America" (below). It is an eye-opening account of what has been happening, and how we have arrived in the America we live in today. Information is power. 



An additional mission statement for the new face of SWARM would be to empower and share information and ideas about how best to fortify and strengthen our individual families. To help each other best recoginze how to strengthen their own strongholds at this time of uncertainty. I have to believe that one of the reasons we have been asked to endure these challenging and uncertain times, is because it will be a time or renewal and strengthening of our homes and people. It will mean a stricter adherence to the teachings found in the scriptures and the promptings we may receive in our prayers. I, for one, would love the input and resources of our group to help and support not only me and my family, but as many people as possible in this worthy goal. The enemy's agenda right now is to destroy the family. In fact, Goal #40 from the Naked Communist is "Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce." Anything we can do to strengthen families across our nation will be the single most significant thing we can do to combat the evil in our land today. Our strongest defense will be an impenetrable home.

I know our wounds are fresh and our hearts are heavy. But now is the time to do all we can to make a difference not only politically--but spiritually as well. There is so much good to be done right now and I think it behooves us to figure out how best to be apart of it. As much as I'd like to go to bed for four years with my fingers crossed, I think there is much work to do. 

If there was ever a time I truly felt like we, as Women for Truth, were "Christian Soldiers" it would certainly be now! Onward, ever onward as they say! 

As a final note; A powerful quote by Harold B. Lee:

"Men may fail in this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never fail.

This is the favored land in all the world. Yes, I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won't fail. I have faith in America; you and I must have faith in America, if we understand the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are living in a day when we must pay heed to these challenges.

I plead with you NOT to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through."

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment